Privacy Notice for IR35 Navigator Limited
Who we are
The data controller who is responsible for your personal data is IR35 Navigator Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered company number 12923206 and registered offices located at 40 Queen Street, London, United Kingdom, EC4R 1DD (“IR35 Navigator”, “we”, “our” or “us”).
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under reference number ZA793897.
Our principles of data protection
Your privacy is important to us. Our aim is only to collect and use your personal data for the purpose of providing the IR35 Navigator Service.
We will only send you marketing communications with your prior consent and when we do, you will be provided with the option toeither opt out of future communications or to change the way in which we communicate with you.
What personal data we collect
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed i.e. anonymous data.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Sensitive Personal Data includes biometric data for the purposes of uniquely identifying an individual, government issued identification numbers e.g. national insurance number and information about an individual’s criminal offences or convictions.
- Contact Data includes current and former address(es), email address and telephone numbers, as well as information regarding your emergency contacts.
- Background Data includes your job title, department, job role, employment and education history, language proficiencies, security clearance information, other work-related skills, awards, honours, membership in clubs and organisations, personal interests and activities, and information regarding your career interests and other qualifications, and desired compensation and benefits.
- Financial Data includes bank account details and payment card details.
- Payroll Data includes personal and financial data relevant to processing employment payments to you.
- Contract Data includes contract rates, agency and/or end client contact information and contract terms.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of the IR35 Navigator Service you have obtained from us and all transactions and matters that we have acted for you in.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our Site or Portal.
- Profile Data includes files that we have for you, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes history of the files that we hold for you.
How we collect your data
We collect personal information about you in three ways: directly from your input, through the IR35 Navigator Service’s technologies, and from third party sources.
How we use your data
Depending on how you interact with us and the IR35 Navigator Service and your preferences, we use your personal information to:
- Provide, activate and manage your access to and use of the IR35 Navigator Service;
- Process and fulfil a request or other transaction (including to process payments);
- Provide technical, product and other support and to help keep the IR35 Navigator Service working, safe and secure;
- Enhance and improve the IR35 Navigator Service and to develop new products, services and benefits;
- Offer you customized content and other personalization to make the IR35 Navigator Service more relevant to your interests and geography;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Notify you about changes, updates or other announcements related to the IR35 Navigator Service and our other products and services;
- Deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages, notices and other information related to the IR35 Navigator Service, your interests and other products, events and services;
- Invite you to participate in user testing and surveys as well as competitions and similar promotions;
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis, including for purposes of research, audit, reporting and other business operations, including determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and evaluating our business performance; and/or
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How we can share your data
We will disclose the data we collect from you to certain third parties who use your personal data to deliver their services to us.
We will send your personal data to the following sets of data processors in order to perform IR35 Navigator Service:
- Fraud prevention agencies – in order to verify your identity, protect against fraud, comply with anti-money laundering laws and to confirm your eligibility to use the IR35 Navigator Service;
- Cloud based storage providers – to safely and securely store your data within IR35 Navigator;
- Cloud based application providers – that help us provide the IR35 Navigator Service;
- Banking and financial services partners – that help us provide the IR35 Navigator Service;
- Credit reference agencies – for the purpose of verifying your financial status
- Advertisers and analytics providers – for the purpose of providing you with relevant advertising or to evaluate the usage of the IR35 Navigator Service.
We may also disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- If the IR35 Navigator or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to:
- a) enforce or apply any other agreements between you and us or to investigate potential breaches; or
- b) protect the rights, property or safety of the IR35 Navigator, our employees or others.
International data transfers, storage and security
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to and stored both inside and outside the European Economic Area (EEA) in order for us to provide the IR35 Navigator Service.
Any payment transactions carried out by our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using Secured Sockets Layer technology or a secure virtual private network.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Site and/or our Portal, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site or Portal; any transmission is at your own risk.Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the IR35 Navigator Service and fulfil the transactions you have requested, and for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements.
Your legal rights
You have the right under European and certain other privacy and data protection laws to request free of charge:
- access to and correction or deletion of your personal information;
- that we cease or limit the processing of your personal information;
- a copy of your personal information (right to data portability); and to
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the address set out below. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
How to contact us
- Full name of legal entity: IR35 Navigator Limited
- Postal address: 40 Queen Street, London, United Kingdom, EC4R 1DD
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone number: 020 3468 0008
The safety of your personal data is important to us. In situations where you are not happy with how we have processed your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please do contact us in the first instance.